[Techtalk] Chicken

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 15 09:01:24 EST 2002

Hi Telsa G,

	I am using Mandrake 8.2 and it (aspell ect) is the "stock/standard"
location to which I am refering to. No action has yet been taken.
Package I have is from tar, now temporarily unpacked on the KDE
"Desktop".  I found a RPM package build for RedHat and thought source
might be better.  Using rpm on this machine gives me the "package
already installed" error, repeatedly, with a dozen packages I have
tried. I find rpm less than usefull.
	So you are suggesting using rpm --remove foo instead of uninstall y/n.
Is it --remove or --erase?
	And if using the source, should I modify something to get it to put it
in "/usr/share/foo" to keep the existing links. I ask, because this is
where "mandrake" put aspell, ispell, pspell
	Mandrake is basicaly RedHat I am told. Where the diffferences are is
beyond me. I am just begining to understand how some of this works... So
if I somehow change the destination of make (or config?) it should
install where I and Mandrake want in /usr/share??? and.. and the links
(to the many programs that use aspell) should stay intact???

	I am going from 0.33 to 0.50

	Thanks,
	Andrew