[Techtalk] Re: [Newchix] Java compiler for Linux

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Thu Nov 14 10:27:41 EST 2002

I use Netbeans (link previously posted) and love
it... The early versions were kind of slow and
lagged when developing Swing apps, but the
current version (I'm using 3.4) is quite smooth
and has nice syntax highlighting and (maybe
this is part of syntax highlighting...) it kind of
pre-parses the file for compile errors and underlines
them like misspelled words in an Office app.
That's probably old technology to you professionals
at programming, but it's the first I've seen it, so
pardon an amateur's effusive praise. :-)

Walt

-~

     Perfection in planning is a symbol of decay.  During the period
     of exciting discovery, there is no time to plan the perfect
     headquarters.  The time for that comes later, when all the
     important work has been done.
                         C. Northcote Parkinson