[Techtalk] Install went wrong

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 10 01:29:39 EST 2002

Jen V,

	That/this helps a lot. Few of my readings give in *plain* language what
is happening. For me this is a slow and long learning process. Can I
simply trash the the compiled stuff(?) and unpack a new targz? Or will
that leave "stuff" around in other folders?  Put another way, does
./configure put stuff in other directories or does that happen with
"make" or  only with "make install"?

> Then you will need to read the INSTALL file and find the script
> (usually a make script similar to 'make clean') that gets read of the
> detritus of failed installation attempts, run it, then run the
> configure/make/make install sequence again.....
> Does this help?

	How is the weather where you are? Dry & warm? I am still a bit dazzeled
by the ability to "talk" to strangers from all over the world.

 	Thank you,
	Andrew