[Techtalk] Galeon and RH8 slooow

Caitlyn M. Martin cmartin at rateintegration.com
Thu Nov 7 11:15:54 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 20:53, Carla Schroder wrote:

> New install, no old stuff cluttering up the joint. I've done one RH update,
> which updated Galeon from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6.
>
> I have not heard of anyone else having this problem, my Celeron box runs fine,
> no glitches at all. I'm thinking it is probably something peculiar to this
> machine, I'm stuck on how to figure it out.

I don't have any good suggestions on how to figure it out, but I agree
100% with your diagnosis.  Galeon works fine on many RH 8 machines
around here, all running 1.2.6.

I hate to say this because it's such a Microsoft-like thing to do, but
when I have unfathomable problems linked to the configuration on one
machine I sometimes just rebuild because it's faster than racking my
brains over and over.  A fresh install may resolve this issue.  OH, and
yeah, it's a horrible solution.

Regards,
Cait