[Techtalk] Installing Postgres

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Mon Nov 4 16:02:29 EST 2002

I've installed PostgreSQL from RPMs. Everything installed fine. I guessed
correctly that I had to put the server start in /etc/rc.d/rc[2-5].d/, and I
started it manually. But when I tried to use Postres, it said:
   psql: FATAL 1:  user "jack" does not exist
Okay, that makes sense, I have to CREATE USER. But how do I tell Postgres
who the database administrator is (so that I can create accounts from that
account)?

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
     To appeal to the masses, I would exile all lawyers to Turkey.
        - novelist T. Coraghessan Boyle, joking about what he
          would do if he were dictator of the United States