[Techtalk] URL handler in Ximian Evolution

Malke Routh malke at attbi.com
Fri May 31 17:37:30 EST 2002

Hi, all.  I'm continuing in my quest for an email program that I really
like.  I've been using KMail, and it's OK, but I can't get URLs to open
using Opera and I'm just not nuts about it.  Its addressbook is awful.
So I'm now trying Evolution (1.0.5), which seems to be OK.  I just can't
figure out how to get it to use Opera to open URLs in an email.  I
opened the Gnome Control Center and added Opera to the file types, but I
have a feeling that I need to change the URL Handler, too.  I don't know
the syntax I should use.  Right now it is "default gnome-moz-remote
--newwin "%s".  BTW, I use KDE and not Gnome, if that makes a
difference.

Can one of you help me, please?

Thanks - LinuxChix is the _best_ resource in the world!  I always know I
can ask without getting slammed with "read the man pages". I always do
try to find answers first, but sometimes people are best.

Cheers,

Marian
--
Elephant Boy Computers