[Techtalk] Password Incorrect

ellie ellie at mn.rr.com
Tue May 28 01:03:45 EST 2002

Have you tried connecting by IP instead of by highlighting the share in the chooser?  It has been my experience that the older Mac OS's have only been able to access netatlk shares by using IP.  (This has been true of both Mandrake and Debian for me.)   This has never compelled me to look at all the info you have gathered or to try to solve the problem, but there is a list for Netatalk users which you can find at SourceForge, where I'm sure someone will have an answer for you:

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=8642

You could put an alias of the share by IP in the startup items folder of the Mac user.  I can't remember if there is an option for saving the password in this setup, but the password has worked for me when I've used it this way (IP)... as long as I kept the passwords under 8 characters!

Ellie