[Techtalk] lilo in partion not MBR

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Thu May 23 18:40:44 EST 2002

> That's what I meant by "runs and claims to be fine".

I don't know how useful this will be, but here's something on the LI
thang:

LI

The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot loader,
but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a geometry
mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map installer.

-- in my experience, the real problem may be that a previous lilo was
loaded to the mbr and now you're trying to get it to fire from the first
partition. Sometimes the only way out is to reset the mbr, and the only
luck I've had with that is boot to dos and run fdisk /mbr.
	It's worth a shot, anyway.