[Techtalk] lilo in partion not MBR

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Thu May 23 17:40:32 EST 2002

On Thursday 23 May 2002 05:29 pm, Kai MacTane wrote:

> >Lilo runs and claims to install fine (even with -v). It appears to have
> >installed in the first 1024  cylinders as required. However on boot, it
> > gets to "LI" and hangs.

> I assume you already ran lilo from the command prompt to get it to update
> its map file? Usually when I see just "LI", I go "Oh, right, need to re-run
> lilo from to command line!"

That's what I meant by "runs and claims to be fine". The install puts
everything in place (with /boot on the first small partition to make sure
it's in the first cylinders), then lilo is run.

--
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding
of ourselves.

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>
<< ----- PGP: envelopes for email - www.pgp.com www.gnupg.org ----- >>