[Techtalk] "mailman" admin question

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Mon May 20 16:24:53 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 14:35, Mary wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 11:14:31PM -0500, Julie wrote:
> > So.  How do you change the "mailman" admin password if you don't have
> > it already?  I did a Google search, but I keep finding web pages which
> > are mailman admin pages.  I found a configuration file, but it appears
> > to be in some binary format.
>
> it looks from the documentation at http://www.list.org/admins.html that
> you need the mmsitepass command, which is a commandline script, not a
> webby thing. I don't have a Mailman installation to test on thought,
> sorry.

That's correct. And you have to run the mailman commandline scripts
from the correct directory on the server, but the admins docs page
tells you that too. (I have to look it up every time I have to run a
mailman commandline script, so it's not like I'm holding out on people.)

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/