[Techtalk] Filing fcc copies to different folders in mutt

Charlotte Oliver charlotte.oliver at rcn.com
Sat May 18 15:29:22 EST 2002

Hey all --

Question on mutt...

Having convinced my boyfriend that he needs to switch to
mutt, he has come up with a question I can't answer.  I need
help!

What he's trying to do is this:

When he sends a message, he wants a copy of his sent message
(the fcc:) to go to separate folders, depending on who he sends
it to.  For example, when he sends messages to me, he would like
to automatically have his fcc set to his Char folder.  He tells
me Pine can do this.  Is there a way for mutt to?

Currently we've set it so that all of his messages default to a
sent-mail folder via his .muttrc in the line:

set record="=sent-mail"

Thanks for the help!

Charlotte