[Techtalk] File Sharing in Linux

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Thu May 16 09:10:48 EST 2002

> Malke: how can I
> share/transfer files from one SuSE box on the network to another one?

FTP should do the trick. In particular, make sure you specify lukemftp for
the client (originally from bsd, it's terrific. I think it's the SuSE
default now). For the server, the standard version is probably best (there
is also I think proftp and fooftp -- I forget the names).
	This sounds hairy, but if you have YaST install both the client
and server on both boxes (and it's best to stay away from annonymous ftp,
as I think it will suggest) you'll be able to send or get from either box.
I also think YaST handles inetd config automatically)
	I do not yet have 8.0, though, so some of the specifics of the
above may be out of date.

Dave