[Techtalk] getting somewhere with this kernel.... dual kernel question...

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Mon May 13 20:15:12 EST 2002

complaints to: /dev/null

actually it was System.map and version.h which led me to be recompiling in the first place... to run the ALSA sound system you need the kernel headers... despite mine being all there in the right place it couldnt find them...

and then i thought, oh well why not have a new kernel.......

which started this whole saga ;-)))

btw, im now up to endless compiling of modules - each time i build them theres some sort of conflict, or at least i assume its a conflict with the modules i've chosen - make modules fails with Error 1 and Error 2, complaining about various files not being found (can give u a snippet of code if you need)... i just remove the offending module, which i usually dont need for this compile anyhow, and try again.... but its taken me days!

hmmm...

bw

miriam