[Techtalk] Soundcard not cooperating.

Conni ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu May 9 05:15:09 EST 2002

On May 9, Laurel Fan conjectured:

> I don't think it's a permissions issue.  Being able to cause it to
> make noise using cat implies that the system is giving you access to
> it.  It also implies that everything's hooked up right hardware-wise
> and kernel-wise.

Yeah, I was thinking about that later, and I realized it didn'tmake much
sense.

> Another wild guess.. you mentioned that you've trying to get apm
> working.  Could that be confusing it?  Does rebooting with all the apm
> stuff disabled help anything?

I haven't changed any apm settings, so I don't know if that's making
trouble or not.  I'm planning on starting that machine up for the day
after I shower, and I can try turning off apm (by taking it out of the
init.d directory?) and rebooting.

This is thoroughly perplexing.

Conni

--
We are the Burgh.  Youns need assimilated.
				-John

		  www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt