wireless networking on IBM thinkpad was Re: [Techtalk] Linux versions

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Thu May 2 14:15:59 EST 2002

My first question is what is the make and model of your wireless card?

We used Mandrake 8.1 on a Thinkpad 380xd with an Intel Pro/Wireless 2011 Lan
PC Card.

I did a google search for +thinkpad +600e +wireless +llinux, which yielded me
many results.  You might want to get model specific in your search.  Often
google will give back newsgroup posts, or web sites with configurations like
yours.

I do recall visiting the kernel config to enable PCMCIA properties, but
having done this several months ago, I would have to take a second look to
remember what had to be done there.

Do you have a wired connection for this machine?  And if so, is the wired
port on a pcmcia card, or built-in?

It sounds like we first need to find out what type of wireless card you are
working with to get you some instructions!

Let me know...
Tabatha

--
Tabatha Persad