[Techtalk] At Wits' End on Persistent HTTP Cookies

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Wed May 1 13:00:25 EST 2002

At 5/1/02 10:41 AM , Kai MacTane wrote:
>I've done some more testing, however, and I'm starting to think this may
>be a bug in Mozilla 0.9.8. IE 5 and Netscape 4.74 both retain the cookie
>across sessions, as they should.

Upgrading to Mozilla 1.0rc1 fixed the problem. (I still don't understand
why other places could set persistent cookies on 0.9.8, though. What the
heck were they doing that I wasn't?)

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"But every night I burn,/Every night I call your name.
  Every night I burn,/Every night I fall again..."
                                                 --The Cure,
                                                  "Burn"