[Techtalk] Tried fsck'ing it... (fwd)

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Tue Mar 26 18:38:00 EST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 01:06:16PM -0800, Kai MacTane wrote:
> Red Hat includes documentation on every package installed in
> /usr/share/doc. I wish they'd do a better job of documenting the fact that
> they've put docs there. (I forget how I even found the stuff. Desperation,
> I think.)

Isn't that the LSB/FHS standard for documentation? Still, it would be
very hard to find for the average new user. ScrollKeeper is supposed
to keep track of such things, but afaik the only way to use it in
console mode is my own ScrollServer program, which is still not ready
for general use. Hopefully I can get it there sometime later this
year.

> For anyone else who's wondering about Slackware, I'll be posting my
> impressions on it in a while, under separate cover.

Can't wait to read it.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net
Lead Developer                             http://www.linuxdoc.org

Anyone who doesn't fear Microsoft is a fool.
	--3Com CEO Eric Benhamou