[Techtalk] mutt is trying to drive me crazy ...

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Tue Mar 26 15:07:07 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 13:56, Mary wrote:

> > * It displays all the mail folders in alphabetical order. So Drafts
> > comes before INBOX, for example.  * Its sort is case sensitive. This
> > can really throw you off if you've got some folders that begin with
> > lowercase letters and others that begin with upper-case letters ...  *
> > Evolution seems to read all the mail headers in a folder before
> > displaying an index. This is okay since I have a fast network
> > connection, but it'd be a real pain if I were doing this over a modem.
> > It'd be smarter to find out the total number of messages and just grab
> > enough headers to fill a screen or two. Or to just have another thread
> > grabbing messages and feeding them to the viewer.
>
> You might want to find the Evolution bug reporting pages,

In Evolution, under the Help menu there is Submit Bug Report.

I submitted an Evolution bug and they were most helpful and very fast. I
got a response within 24 hours. (Admittedly, on a weekday.)

It took a little bit of back-and-forth, but my bug was fixed quickly.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/