[Techtalk] Possibly OT - learning to code using an email notification progra m

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Mon Mar 25 12:47:59 EST 2002

Hi:

	This may be more the subject of a forum specifically regarding
programming, but alas, here we go.  I am trying to develop a program that
will show the last few messages in my mailbox.  If I see something I want to
read, I just click on it, and my webmail opens up.  It is something I want
to use at work.  Port 110 on the office network is blocked, so I was
thinking of using the telnet port.  I've created a graphic of how I would
like it to look.  http://brain.jenn.ca/screen.jpg.  It's in Windows style
(I'm at work, sorry.), but I wanted to develop it on KDE as my home systems
are what I am learning on , and if I can get the Windows development
software affordably, redevelop it.

	So basically, I was just looking for suggestions on how I would go
about it, especially things to watch out for.

	Thanks in advance

Jenn