[Techtalk] Mandrake's Future

Betty Johnson bettyj at telusplanet.net
Wed Mar 20 20:04:43 EST 2002

I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada, and there is a person here who works for
Mandrake and our user group has been asking him alot of questions since this
information was released.

Mandrake is not really in trouble, just having cash flow problems and they
will soon be releasing version 8.2 in stores so they expect cash flow to
improve by the end of the year. Until that time they are asking people to
support them by joining the Mandrake Club , which gives you access to special
downloads. I think it is a good deal and I am trying to do my part as I use
Mandrake 8.1 daily and will upgrade to 8.2 when it is released.  Most of all
the members of our users group are doing the same thing. It is a good cause.