[Techtalk] RE: [Newchix] W2k NTFS and RHL 7.0

Arnold, Derek A. darnold at uakron.edu
Mon Mar 18 18:22:09 EST 2002

Hello,

    When doing stuff like this, I have learned one lesson:

       Install windows FIRST.  Linux sees it, FreeBSD sees it but the
feeling is not mutual.  Installing to the MBR is usually a good idea
(except with Debian, you have to go in and edit your /etc/lilo.conf to
add a prompt so you can actually get into you windows os). I have done
it with no probs.  I have RH 7.2 and Win XP Pro sharing a machine happily.