[Techtalk] Varia

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Thu Mar 14 14:10:13 EST 2002

Thanks to all who responded on the last posting of mine.  I will have
another look at vi.  I should use it more.  I'm lazy and use pico.  Pico was
what won on the university Unix machines way back in 1993 when I worte my
first email, and I haven't been too adventurous.

I am buying a new PC this week, well, new PC parts, and some of the things
that got thrown in were a scroll mouse and an internet keyboard.  Are there
howtos or other instruction on how to make them work.  My preliminary
research came up negative.

Finally, I am curious about is to do with C++.  I realise this is an off
linux question, but are there freeware, GNU or GPL compilers for Windows?  I
will learn more about programming if I actually have a use for it (one idea
is a front-end for my Supreme court tool http://scc.jenn.ca) and the uses
will more likely present themselves in a work environment than at home.

Thanks

Jenn