[Techtalk] looking for a good text editor

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Fri Mar 15 05:40:46 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 02:06, Davis, Jennifer wrote:
> Hi:
>
> 	I started using kedit or something recently, and it is great as I am
> learning to program C++, and I find so many bugs and errors in my code then
> things are highlighted.  However, I am now looking for a console text editor
> with highlighting.  When I code from work, I use telnet and the highlighting
> would save me effort & time.

I know vim does text highlighting, because I use it!

The command to turn it on is 'syn on' (short for 'syntax highlighting
on'). vim expects a standard file extension on the file, to tell it what
sort of highlighting to use.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/