[Techtalk] Lindows/OS X/Linux and the future?

wny-tc at juno.com wny-tc at juno.com
Wed Mar 13 23:17:16 EST 2002

Hi.  Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp

An interesting conversation this evening with two of my siblings.  One
has registered as a "Lindows Insider" and is running Lindows Beta and the
other is a Mac fanatic and is running OS X.

Younger brother says that Lindows is great, but the nondisclosure
agreement he signed won't let him tell us how great, and the Middle
brother says that with a PC emulator, Yellow Dog Linux and OS X he can
work with anything and doesn't need but the one machine, a big G4

>From what little I have been able to pry loose, Lindows seems to be Linux
with WINE and KDE configured to run it all from one desktop.  No reboot
to switch from Linux to Windows and back.  Neat, but why do I keep
hearing this guy saying "Pay no attention to the man behind the
curtain!!!"

I guess that I'll just have to keep pinging on the younger brother for
yet more info.

And no, he won't give me a copy of Lindows Beta to play with.  I already
asked...

73, Wm. Keith Hibbert, WB2VUO, Trustee of the NQ2RP/B 10 M beacon
President, Brockport Amateur Radio Klub (BARK),
Technical Coordinator, ARRL WNY Section
Ph - 585.494.1239
mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net