[Techtalk] EDBA too big

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Tue Mar 12 16:27:29 EST 2002

Heya --

Quoth Judy Hayes (Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:59:50AM -0800):
> While rebuilding my 2.4.9 kernel I rebooted and when attempting to come back up I received an error of EDBA too big.  Has anyone ran into this before?  Thx

	Yep, I hit this last week.  It's a bug in LILO.  Just boot off
your old kernel, grab the latest LILO and install it, and then do
/sbin/lilo and reboot.  You should then be able to boot off your new
kernel image.

Cheers,
Raven

"Sed, sed, awk.  Like duck, duck, goose.  Sync, sync, halt.  It's the
 order of nature."
  -- me, after too long a day at work