[Techtalk] Need some source code help - getting it

Gehring, Bernard BGehring at ciena.com
Tue Mar 12 09:24:26 EST 2002

I am taking an operating systems class and all of the projects will be in linux. Our first project and introduction to linux is adding system calls to the kernel, recompiling and running programs to use those system calls. I have borrowed CDs to install redhat 7.2-1, but didn't get the source code. My linux box does not have a connection to the internet or any network and when I attempt to download the source rpm from redhat on my windows box, it attempts to run the program, can't, and then seems to loose track of the source it just downloaded. Any suggestions for a good place to get the source for redhat 7.2-1 that I will be able to download to a windows 2000 box, transfer to cd then install on my linux box. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Berney