[Techtalk] Question on distro....

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Sat Mar 2 06:21:24 EST 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:53:31PM -0600, Ms. Piglet wrote:
> OK: I'm seeing a 64MB upgrade for the box for all of $35, I should be doing
> this before I poke at anything else, yes?<g>
>
> --pig, getting it slowly but getting it.......

It's a lot to get. :-)

My recommendation is always to get as much memory as your machine will
take and you can afford. It is so, so, so so so cheap now! And nothing
will improve the performance of your system as much as more RAM,
dollar for dollar -- at least up to a point.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

My father, the Padishah Emperor, was 72 yet looked no more than 35 the
year he encompassed the death of Duke Leto and gave Arrakis back to the
Harkonnens. He seldom appeared in pubic wearing other than a Sardaukar
uniform and a Burseg's black helmet with the Imperial lion in gold upon
its crest. The uniform was an open reminder of where his power lay. He
was not always that blatant, though. When he wanted, he could radiate
charm and sincerity, but I often wonder in these later days if anything
about him was as it seemed. I think now he was a man fighting constantly
to escape the bars of an invisible cage. You must remember that he was
an emperor, father-head of a dynasty that reached back into the dimmest
history. But we denied him a legal son. Was this not the most terrible
defeat a ruler ever suffered? My mother obeyed her Sister Superiors where
the Lady Jessica disobeyed. Which of them was the stronger? History has
already answered.
	-- "In My Father's House" by the Princess Irulan