[Techtalk] Server moving

James jas at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 30 09:07:23 EST 2002

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Andrew wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 	I am in the middle of moving my office. In order to get to
> work as fast as possible I simply plugged in the server power and
> Ethernet, not bothering with the monitor or keyboard.
> 	Now, as it does not work, in the back of my memory I think I
> read somewhere I must configure it somehow to run this way.
> 	Does anyone have a few suggestions.
> 	As yet I have not figured out WebMin or VNC. The P150
> Mndrke8.0 serves Mac's only.
> Tomorrow I'll hook-up the keyboard and monitor and hope that is all
> that is wrong.

Typically, the BIOS will test the keyboard at power-on - if it's missing
or faulty, it then stops the bootup waiting for user acknowledgement (the
infamous "Keyboard error - press F1 to continue"). You can usually disable
this in the BIOS setup, which of course requires a keyboard and monitor...

Try just plugging in a keyboard - that may well fix it.

James.