[Techtalk] Linux VPN for Windows 2000/XP clients?

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Wed Jun 26 22:25:35 EST 2002

Hey all,

I have a daunting task - to create a Linux-based VPN that can be used
with the standard Windows VPN clients. I think I understand the basics,
but if anyone has actually done this, I'd way appreciate some advice.

The basic idea, it seems is to use FreeSWAN, with the x509 patches. But
it looks like I first have to recompile my kernel with Free/Swan or
IPsec patches. this is where it gets a bit fuzzy - I can't seem to find
a specific pointer to a source tree that has these necessary patches.

Anyway, if anyone has actually done this, I'd be really glad to get
info. Thanks!
--
.Michelle

413-253-2874