[Techtalk] XFree86 driver job

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Thu Jun 20 11:39:19 EST 2002

  The lack of XFree86 4 support for the Trio64 chipset was discussed
 (briefly) on techtalk recently. Having proved that it really doesn't work,
 this is now an employment opportunity for someone as supporting this
 hardware is a requirement for the company I work for. If the timescale
 wasn't so tight, I'd probably be learning how to write X drivers myself.

Requirements:
  An XFree86 4.2.0 driver for the S3 Trio64/DX chipset
  The driver must be DGA2 compliant (DRI would be nice, but non-essential)
  The hardware currently only has 1Mb video ram (a 2Mb upgrade may be
  possible if it becomes essential), and a 640x480 display with 16bit colour
  depth is required.

  Using the existing 3.3.6 Trio64 driver and/or any other existing
  Xfree86 component as a baseline is not a problem as the completed
  driver would be released back to the Xfree86 project.

  The driver needs to be delivered in working order no later than
  the end of September 2002.

  My employer is willing to provide hardware, arrange for the
  developer to be on site if needed, which seems likely, (whatever travel
  arrangements are needed, though I'd have to double check for non-US
  nationals) and pay the developer.

  Proving it really can't be done is also an option, but obviously one
  I'd prefer not to have.

  Contact me if you are interested, or know someone who might be.
  (Note, I will be out of email range intermittently for the next two weeks.
  This makes the timing problems even worse, I know. Slow response is not
   an indication of lack of interest).