[Techtalk] Report on CrossOver Office

Megan Golding meggolding at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 07:06:02 EST 2002

--- Marian Routh <malke at attbi.com> wrote:
> Hi - Several list members expressed an interest in a report on my
> experience with CrossOver Office, so here it is.  I've taken you
> all at your word that you really want to hear this, so this
> report is a big long.

Outstanding report, Malke! Thanks for the information. As a Linux
user among business users with MS Word, CrossOver Office is of great
interest to me.

You mentioned that the font support was excellent. Does CrossOver
Office handle installing all of them for you?

Have you had a chance to work with any fairly large documents? What's
performance like? Can you compare the response speed of CrossOver
Office to using MS Office natively on a Windows box? How about under
VMWare (which is my current setup)?

I'm thrilled to hear such a good review. I may just buy this (with my
own money, if necessary) for work!

Thanks for taking the time to write up such a detailed review :)

Meg