[Techtalk] Re: [Techtalk]

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Thu Jun 20 11:06:06 EST 2002

i'd be interested in finding out more about this ... i'm currently writing a
book on copyrights/lefts and the evils of software patenting....
see www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

bw
miriam

On Thursday 20 June 2002 10:57, BUNTER MATTHEW wrote:
> --- Reçu de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             20/06/02 11.57
>
> All,
>
> This is a bit late in the conversation but I thought that I saw somewhere
> that MS were putting in their licenses that their products couldn't be used
> on non-MS software. e.g. MSOffice cannot be used on any OS except Windows.
>
> Note sure where I saw it,
>
> Matt
>

> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 01:20:15 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Techtalk] CrossOver Office
>
> Hi, everyone,
>
> > Um, why is nobody talking about OpenOffice.org?  I've been using v1.0
> > since its release a few weeks back and have been very happy
> >
> > http://www.openoffice.org
>
> I should also point out that the MS Word resume I send out was created
> with AbiWord.  I've had Keith check it on his Windows system (laptop for
> work) and it's perfect.  Not even the page breaks are off, and it's five
> pages long.
>
> Gnumeric does about as well with Excel documents.
>
> Why run MS Office at all if you have several choices for document
> compatibility?
>
> All the best,
> Caity
> enjoying Microsoft-free computing

- --
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

pgp key at http://www.iriXx.org/pub_key.asc