[Techtalk] Config DSL for RH

Rei Ayanami eva_00 at juno.com
Sun Jun 16 20:17:04 EST 2002

hey Carla and all,
sorry I wasn't more clear...I HAVE a router, it's a netgear rt311...I
meant I actually configured that router, not the DSL router.  My
apologies to you all. :-&

--Rei

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:19:40 +0000 Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com>
writes:
> Since you're trying to run a LAN off a single connection, you'll need
> separate router, it sounds like you have a DSL modem with no routing
>
> capabilities. I don't think any DSL provider gives customers a real
> router.
> It would help if you gave the name and model number of your DSL
> modem.
>
> DSL modem -> Router -> LAN.
> Something like Linksys,
> http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=20
> That's the fast n easy way, and it takes up only a little space.
>
> Or build a Linux router on an old PC.
> http://networking.earthweb.com/netos/article/0,,12083_1107911,00.html
>
> Coyote Linux and the Linux Router Project are worth looking at too.
>
> Carla
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Carla Schroder, Bratgrrl Computing
> Plain English Spoken Here
> www.bratgrrl.com
> this message brought to you by Kmail,
> on Red Hat Linux 7.2

If you think either me or Serial Experiment Lain is just plain weird, you
should read some works of Ted Nelson and Vannevar Bush and John C. Lilly
on Xanadu...they thought of mentally synching with the Wired in the
1930-50s!  Another grave reminder that philosophy and computer science
should NOT mix...ESPECIALLY when LSD is involved.--Quantum Smurf