[Techtalk] Default browser for Kmail

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Sat Jun 15 17:20:26 EST 2002

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for the info... Actually I erred when I said using KDE 2.2.1,
since I actually use Gnome, it's just what came up when I clicked on
"about" in Kmail!  I found my GDM and found the equivalent control
center (right clicked on desktop and made like I was changing my
background) and it was under "URL Handlers".

I made the default 'mozilla "%u"' as you suggested (the quotes were
following the existing formats there), and now the links in my email
open a browser window and display the link - Success!!!

The weird thing - it still opens Konqueror, not Mozilla!

Hm, am I to "tinker" and get myself in trouble, or just thank my
lucky stars and get on with my life? hehehe

Thanks for your help - it did do the trick!

Tab

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: http://www.merlinmonroe.com