[Techtalk] Installing and configuring Telnet Server

Shearer, Laura ShearerL at bis.adp.com
Wed Jun 12 11:41:25 EST 2002

I'm fairly new to UNIX, but learning my way around. So I apologize if this
is a basic question.

I have a Red Hat 7.2 box that I'm trying to get Telnet Services running on.

I installed telnet-server-0.17.20.i386.rpm without any obvious problems.

I also installed xinetd-2.3.3-1.i386.rpm, seeing as it would not let install
the telnet server without this being installed.

Are there any configuration changes that need to be made before the telnet
server will start accepting connections. All I want to be able to do is
telnet to the linux box within our internal network and as the way things
are now, it's not accepting telnet connections.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Laura