[Techtalk] X on an S3/Trio64+

BUNTER MATTHEW Matthew.Bunter at renaultvi.com
Wed Jun 12 11:46:00 EST 2002

--- Reçu de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             12/06/02 11.46

Try here, funny but I cant find the model you described.

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/compaq.html

Matt

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:52:52 -0400
Subject: [Techtalk] X on an S3/Trio64+

My spare computer is an old Compaq Presario 5526, it's a cute all in one
machine, with the downside that nothing besides the RAM, microprocessor, nic
cards and disc drives are replaceable.  This leaves me with an unsupported
(by X) card in the machine and no way to change it.  (It's sad, I can get a
4MB PCI ATI Mach 64 card for under $10.)  All attempts to get X to run leave
me with half of a 320x240 screen and then a lockup.  Does anyone know of a
way to set these up?  Is there a sucessful xf86config file out there?  Does
anyone have any hints?