[Techtalk] X on an S3/Trio64+

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Tue Jun 11 13:31:28 EST 2002

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 12:52 pm, Davis, Jennifer wrote:

> I can get a 4MB PCI ATI Mach 64 card for under $10.)  All attempts to get X
> to run leave me with half of a 320x240 screen and then a lockup.  Does
> anyone know of a way to set these up?  Is there a sucessful xf86config file
> out there?  Does anyone have any hints?

I just ran into exactly the same problem myself (not on a compaq, but an
embedded system board with an S3/Trio64 on it). The XFree86 site claims it's
a supported chipset, but it doesn't seem to work with any configuration I've
tried so far.

Which I guess is a long way of saying "me too". If I find anything, I'll pass
it on.

--
Not a hero unless you die,
Our species eats the wounded ones

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>
<< ----- PGP: envelopes for email - www.pgp.com www.gnupg.org ----- >>