[Techtalk] LOST in Kernel space

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 10 16:44:24 EST 2002

James and All,

It is at "no.7" (see below)that I got lost.  What I need is a method
to check if the system.map is the new one. Also I need some help
finding a method/command to change the name so I know in the near
future which Kernel it is. Mainly if it causes a problem.
	I believe the new kernel is now named the same as the old ex.
2.3. There must be a command to fix that, my thoughts are blocked at
this moment.

	**I really need to know...
	What would happen if I simply started at the beginning all over again?
The 2.4.18tar.gz still exists in the usr/src. Would it create more
mess or simply over write the mis-named files?**

	I am new enough to Linux to have read the books but just
beginning to actually change things. Other people must have been in
my shoes one time or another. As a former Mac only user, the GUI on
this old machine (p150 Mndrk-8.0) has not worked for me.

Thanks Again,
Andrew

	    Have a nice Day!,
		Andrew