[Techtalk] Re: Techtalk digest - Julie's server halting

Julie Meloni julie at i2ii.com
Wed Jun 5 07:21:03 EST 2002

MR> I'd open the case and run it while watching to see if any of the fans are failing.

A good idea.  It's 2U case with like 16 fans, in banks, so they would
be easy to swap out.

MR> Any weird noises?

Nope.

MR>  Where you live, is it getting hot?

yeah, but these boxes are kept in a climate-controlled colo facility.
 So, any heat is internal. :)

MR> You could do a RAM check, but I'd look first to heat-related issues.

Is there a way to check RAM without taking it out and literally
checking it with a diagnostic tool?

Another dummy question - can I check the core temp without being in
the bios setup screen?

Thanks for all your help -
Julie