[Techtalk] iptables NAT forwarding...

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Wed Jun 5 09:59:17 EST 2002

Jennifer Davis wrote:

>This topic seems very interesting.  I never knew we could forward requests
>into a computer on the inside of the network.  I was wondering how this
>would be done on an IPchains setup.  I don't know what ports I am allowed
>out on from the office, but how could I possibly to set my server to forward
>input requests to a machine on the inside.  I will find the IPChains and
>IPtables to find out, but as I am new to this, it may take a few reads.  Any
>other help would be appreciateed

This has been my main resource for resources
for this project...

http://www.linuxguruz.org/iptables/

It's mostly samples, which is what I learn best
from, and it's also for IPTables, so it may or
may not be the thing for you.

Walt

-~

     Most people would rather defend to the death your right to
     say it than listen to it.
                         Robert Brault