[Techtalk] My X display is fubar

caitlynmaire at earthlink.net caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 4 14:37:45 EST 2002

Hi, Travis, and everyone else,

> Yes, you can pass the runlevel as a parameter.  If you're using lilo,
> you'd type "[bootname] [runlevel]" as the command.  E.g., if I want to
> boot Linux at runlevel 3 on my laptop,

Of course, Mandrake 8.x (like Red Hat 7.2 and 7.3) uses grub by default.
 I still haven't figured out how to pass that parameter in grub.  I have
had to boot to a command prompt and edit my /etc/inittab file to get the
desired result.  That works, of course, but it's inelegant at best, and
dangerous if I foul up the file at worst.

Any grub experts out there?

All the best,
Caity