[Techtalk] Try again Kernel, Lost at begining

Mandi mandi at linuxchick.org
Wed Jul 31 19:38:48 EST 2002

Does the user you're building as have permission to write to the directory
tree?

what else does your error say?  building as a user without write
permission to the directory produces an error similar to:

[mandi at green linux]$ make dep
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.18-8.2mdk/arch/i386/boot'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `dep'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.18-8.2mdk/arch/i386/boot'
scripts/mkdep -- init/*.c > .depend
/bin/sh: .depend: Permission denied
make: *** [dep-files] Error 1

--mandi