[Techtalk] hilarious Verity Stob column on cruft

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon Jul 29 20:57:17 EST 2002

http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=7453/ddj0208q/0208q.htm

"Cruft is the cruel corruption and confusion inevitably wrought by time upon
all petty efforts of humankind. There.

At Laboratoires Stob, we have been working on the cruft crisis for a while.
Recalling the maxim "to control a problem you must first measure it," we have
devised a suitable metric, an index of cruftidity. Our first version,
presented below, is based on a typical PC installation running Windows 2000.
But there will shortly be ports to Linux, Mac OS X, and other Unices; we are
confident these OSes are just as prone."

--
Carla Schroder, Bratgrrl Computing