[Techtalk] On Perl

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Sat Jul 27 15:06:33 EST 2002

> One obvious thing that you could do is to replace the if-elsif with a for
> loop (which I'm guessing hasn't been introduced yet). I'm assuming this is
> what Coldie is referring to as unecessary conditionals.

among other things, yes :)  but i should admit, my "horrible" remark was
too harsh.  if it works, and only iterates over 3 elements in the array,
time is pretty negligable don't you think? :P  but yeah, i didn't like the
if-elsif-else structure they used ... but of course, the tutorials are to
learn the language and syntax, not algorithm design hehe ..

coldie