[Techtalk] Securely transferring files using scripts

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Sat Jul 20 10:00:25 EST 2002

Thanks, Hamster!  But if I do that, and if the box with the script gets
compromised, won't that give an intruder full access to the second box,
too?  That's what I want to avoid.  I guess maybe I should learn more
about jails or something?  I'm really hoping there's a software package
out there that allows people from other machines to drop files onto the
machine without giving them any access.

The alternative, I guess, would be to have the backup machine pull the tar
files from the mail server.  That way, the mail server wouldn't have to
connect the backup machine.  Hmmm....

Thanks!

Jen