[Techtalk] Lilo maintainer

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Wed Jul 17 17:43:58 EST 2002

Matt,

Before you go sending to anyone, I'd check first that what you've discovered isnt already in the documentation. Lilo has extensive doco, and theres a good chance that the issue of another OS overwriting the MBR being fixed by rerunning lilo is already documented. It might not mention any OS by name, but it will mention the problem.

Lilo itself cant do anything if something else overwrites the MBR. But maybe the solution to your problem could be made more prominent in an faq perhaps.

On my sys, the lilo doc is in /usr/share/doc/lilo

I'd go poking around there first.

Hamster