[Techtalk] Problems Compiling Scribus

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Mon Jul 15 19:58:12 EST 2002

> > 	Try doing the same thing as root and see what happens.
> I did!  That's what has me scratching my head.

Me too, now!

> The whole scribus
> directory is owned by my regular user account so you'd think I'd be able
> to make a link, and it was just the "make", not "make install".

Try this: check the directory/files for chattr problems (see man chattr)
if nothing else works. But you know, I'm beat on this one too, now.

> Perhaps I should try to chown to root and then run the make as root?

I dunno on that one. Or rather, I'm pondering this whole thing and I'm not
real happy with (a) make trying to make simlinks at that point and (b)
failing. It might be interesting to give the directory 777 privileges for
the duration of the make and see if "make" is running as some weird user
for some weird reason...
	Wow! Good one!