[Techtalk] weirdest spam I ever saw- Time Travelers

Charlotte Oliver charlotte.oliver at rcn.com
Sat Jul 13 18:45:39 EST 2002

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 03:33:24PM +0000, Carla Schroder wrote:
> What. Is. The. POINT of this silly thing? I've received a half-dozen.
> Carla
>

> 6:57:33 AM Time Travelers PLEASE HELP!!! Wak5qRon6WmKGlraeqnZanWJSVk=
>  From: ric_16 at concentric.net ()
>  To: <carla deleted list>

<wackiness snipped>

I think the point is that there are some really wacky people out
there, who have gotten ahold of spamming software. :)

My favorite one is asking for the time crystals, because he needs
them ASAP, so could anyone with information please e-mail him
with offers to sell?

That one I know for a fact is serious, because the ISP I used
to work for closed his account for spamming after several long
(and very wacky) phone conversations with the guy, who actually
believes he needs time crystals!

But, of course, who are we to judge -- maybe he does!

--
"Play with your fancies, and in them behold
Upon the hempen tackle ship-boys climbing;

				-Shakespeare, Henry V