[Techtalk] Linux on a laptop problem

Val Henson val at nmt.edu
Tue Jul 9 13:38:28 EST 2002

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 04:15:14PM -0700, Hanna Linder wrote:

> It is getting easier. I have RedHat 7.2 with the "laptop" kernel
> installed on my T21 and it works quite well. Granted, I dont put
> it in hibernate or else it hangs...

Hibernate == suspend to disk?

A few years back, I had a Sony Vaio with the proper disk partition to
support this, but my new laptop arrived with the whole disk
partitioned up and no room for that wacky Windows-esque suspend
partition.  I'm planning on reinstalling soon (wasn't going to do it
before OLS) and attempting to get suspend to disk working - anyone
done this, or have any tips on it?

-VAL