[Techtalk] init scripts

Rick Harwood harwoor at comcast.net
Tue Jul 9 08:20:54 EST 2002

If I wanted to automatically mount some drives from a Windows machine at
Linux startup, what would be the best way to do this?  I can mount them now
using the smbmount command but want to set it up so that it is automatic at
boot.

I figure that I could add the smbmount commands to a shell script that is
run at startup, but which would be the best shell script to add those lines
to the bottom of?

And, is there a way to mount them that would automatically log me into the
Windows machine without manually putting in my password each time that the
Linux machine is started?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

-Rick Harwood
harwoor at comcast.net